Israel to demolish six Palestinian homes in West Bank

Oct 29,2019

Last year alone, Israel demolished 1,253 Palestinian homes across the occupied West Bank and Jerusalem.

Israeli occupation forces notified on Tuesday six Palestinians of their intention to demolish their houses in the town of Kobar, north of occupied West Bank city of Ramallah.

Mayor of Kobar Izzat Badwan said that the Israeli occupation forces along with officers of the Israeli Civil Administration stormed the town in the early morning.

They, said Badwan, handed six residents notices to demolish their houses under the pretext of being constructed in Area C.

Badwan noted that two of the houses slated for demolition are inhabited, whereas the four others are under construction.

He confirmed that the Israeli occupation forces exited the town and remained deployed around it before raiding it again.

Israel refuses to permit virtually any Palestinian construction in Area C, which constitutes 61 per cent of the occupied West Bank, forcing residents to build without obtaining permits to provide shelters for their families.

In contrast, Israel much more easily gives the estimated 800,000 Jewish Israeli settlers, who live illegally in the West Bank, building permits and provides them with roads, electricity, water and sewage systems that remain inaccessible to many neighbouring Palestinians.

Palestine Post 24